- Dylan, age 3, watching sparkling sunlight reflections bouncing off a lake and stating, "Look at the sunshine drops".
- Age 3, looking at me sternly and saying, "I'm giving you the eagle eye" (he had not yet learned the concept of EVIL eye).
- Pointing to the large screen TV which has his Pokemon show on pause and exclaiming, "Ahhhh, my Mona Lisa".
- Dylan tries to interest me in his massively complex Bionicle characters when I say I am not that interested and he replies, "Maybe we can participate in the TV show WIFESWAP and I can swap you for a mommy who likes Bionicles".
- While looking at a kid doing skateboarding tricks Dylan noted, "That kid knows how to put the "A" in "Awesome!"
- After viewing all the wonderful ice sculptures in Ottawa during Winterlude Dylan exclaims, "Man this place is ICE-TOPIA"
- I explained to Dylan the meaning of abbreviated titles such as "mommy is an R.N. which mean Registered Nurse". Dylan said, "You mean Registered Nag."
- I have refused to purchase any form of video games for Dylan. Recently, he has become more insistent on his right to own a video game unit. For this birthday, Dylan turned to be and said, "Mommy you have two choices, either you can buy a Nintendo DS or a Playstation." When I declined either option, without missing a beat he stated, "Then Mommy, you two choices, either you can get me a VISA card or a credit card."
- Around Easter time Dylan was discussing the characters in his Bionicle book. He stated, "Mommy, I don't like how one of the Bionicles had to give up his life to save all of the other Bionicles." I thought this was a good segway into the discussion of Easter and noted the REAL sacrifice that Jesus made with his life to save all of mankind. Dylan looked at me and said, "You know, there has never been any evidence to support that." Boy did I send him packing back to Sunday School that weekend!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Dylan's Witticisms
When I started this blog I had promised myself that I would start recording the unique and entertaining expressions that Dylan creates which I refer to as "Dylan's Witticisms". I must admit sometimes he reminds me of a young Oscar Wilde (minus the buggery charges).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment