Thursday, September 06, 2007

Risk/Soccer/Kite Surfing

Dylan's Beach Soccer League had their final game. I had to admire his coaches who are all parent volunteers and who really fostered a fun yet challenging atmosphere. The soccer field is right at the end of our street beside the Beach which makes it an easy trek for us.
Dylan defending his territory
While Dylan played soccer I watched 11 kite surfers playing by the Beach. There was a lovely wind in the early evening and they sure looked like they were having fun. It made me think of Andrew's brother Greg who loves this sport. This would be a great way to unwind after work!

Dylan's grandparents had just left after spending a weekend babysitting Dylan (while Andrew and I were at a camp reunion). Dylan was recently introduced to the strategy game, RISK. I had never played this game as a child and I was quickly defeated. Grandmother, however, held on for considerably longer during her games with Dylan.
Grandma challenging Dylan at RISK

Meanwhile, Grandpa was in the park playing with his own surfkite....now to add some motion!

Grandpa working his kite

No comments: